Jan 2, 2010

Damn it feels good to be a gaangsta!

I am clearly not one, but I have my moments I pretend that I'm a badass. However in each person's life they come across the mental mind game that creates a reality that you're clearly not in the same league as others may be, and it catches you off gaurd who makes that cut.

Mine happened in San Marcos TX. It's a piece of crap town with a gas station that actually hires some body to make the best breakfast tacos you'd ever had. Thank you breakfast Taco lady. Some days you were my only buddy. I imagine you to be a comforting mama patting me on the head. Ah Taco mommy. She had many strong powers over me. One being these peices of heaven in a soft taco ( which I know you made by hand) was that you made them 2 for a $1. With free salsa you made from your garden...but I digress. On to my mental setback on our "food chain"; The status quo chain.

In this college town, there are very few resteraunts; what are available is mainly fast food. I worked as a manager in one of these hell holes. With a Bitch called Mary Ester. "Nuh, Uh mama, not in my world" Well, NOW Mama, you're in a blog in which I control. Check mate, Biznatch. The company that serves up all grease fire grilled.. (guess) had a policy to hire at each store people not deemed management matierial. (They weren't trusted with sharp objects....get my ugly drift?) I think this is the perfect reason why Parts of Corporate Business are sadistic. This guy we'll call Tom, (No, not related) got a extra role in the movie "The Ringer". We all were pretty happy for him...Until the day I'd found out Tom had a wife! This man who was a very special individual had gotten married. Something at the time I hadn't figured out how to do! On top of that he had already gotten divorced from and I quote "a white bitch that wanted my money, and I hated her mom." You have to love honesty. So I tell him, I'm gonna get that movie and have you sign it, I've never had a real movie stars signiture ." To which he qouted "And you're not going too!" (even got better zingers on me than most!!) I became envious...severely. Of TOM! He had gotten paid a year of my "manager salary" for working 3 weeks on a hollywood movie set. Wanna know what he bought? A Silver and Blue racing pimped out MOPED, with matching helmet. I drove a 92 Buick Centra. It was now 2004. And mopper Tom became the moped king. Tom was clearly living life better than I. I had to laugh at that. Tom was higher up on the status quo chain. I was happy for him to be there though. I agreed with God and punched in the order for a crossant breakfast sandwich and asked if the lumberjack who wanted it wanted it supersized. And of course he did. It's clearly the better value.

After raising my class of bubbly in a solo cup a few nights back, I realized I should have made a toast to Tom. I know now how he feels; and DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTA!

0 comments:

Post a Comment