Jan 18, 2010

let them eat cake

Could be the shotgun chorus of a cake tasting festival or it could be one dying woman's last scream that the crowd who'd kill her could eat shit....conundrum...If I were dying I'd believe it to be the latter, wouldn't you?

Today I watched Inglorious Basterds. You know the flick that Brad Pitt was in that he didn't get sucker punched in the face? [Sidenote here-Truly he's really taken a way of becoming Marlon Brando; don'tcha think? He's getting chunky in the face, he's "married" now to a tribe gathering nympho, you remember the history of Brando and his Tahitian Beauty right...similarities. George Clooney by default would be our Rock Hudson. "Confirmed Bachelor" ...nuff said. I digress.] Anywho, this film that doesn't really strike you as anything preview wise but "killin' nazzzi's". Let me inform you it quickly let's loose with a very tense prelude to murderous rage. Afterwards, I sat stunned at the only thought I could think of had I ever met Tarantino : "God. You're family history must be severely dysfunctional. You crossed a line of darkness most people wouldn't feel comfortable in and made it your home." If you hadn't seen the film yet. Prepare yourself. It's, well; different.

Tonight is also the Golden Globes. Honestly this need to award films, I don't understand. They already get a paycheck. They do their best interpretation of a character as it's their job. Speaking as an ex retail employee I can say that if I were to ever recieve an award for "Best Cashiering during a Winter Sale" I would hope you would allow me my true feelings be exposed. "Um yes, well I can't say enough about the people I work with.....I couldn't have scanned quick without the support of the pricing staff-I love you, you're amazing! I'd also like to thank the people at Initech; while you don't seem to be gainfully employed, My company still uses your outdated software, so you should be recieving your royalty check within the coming year! To my wonderful husband who doesn't clean up after himself and contributes to my wry and sometimes caustic attitude: Please Pick up your bottlecaps Bert, I'll be home by 11!" Reader, I really hope that captured my disdain for the the award programming of films. If it didn't, well then I'm not nearly droll enough.

On to other things. Nine. You know this new musical that's out and about? Well, no, I've not seen it but I'm thinking upon it. Wasn't Penelope Cruz the girl that Tom Cruise dated after Nicole Kidman? She is also co-starring with her in Nine. I mean they all say they get along, but would you? I do not care how many babies I'd had with new husbands I'd STILL want to rip hair out of a woman that may have been the reason for divorce. [Entry from wikipedia on Penelope Cruz: After appearing in Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise, they had a three-year relationship which ended in January 2004. ] Seriously I'd be yanking that weave the hell out of her spanish head. So tonight on the Golden Globes as I waited for a rerun of :How I Met Your Mother to return off of break, I was actually interested in how Ryan Seacrest brought up! "How did all of you get along?" Her response: "Wonderful. I was able to work with an amazing group of talented women. I was so excited to be a part of it". Translation- I did my lines and we didn't swap recipe's. Thankfully there was no drama on account that the scenes shot with Kidman were done in Green Screen."

So today as I blog from the corner of crass and stupidity... I commend myself! I think I have really earned the title of my blog best today: Let them all Eat Cake from the Corner of Crass and Stupidity...SEACREST OUT! (hahaha)

0 comments:

Post a Comment